
This is our new addition to our family. We were a little worried about how we were going to get Sonny use to having a new baby in the house. But, while we were in Memphis, we met a guy and he told us that he and his wife got a doll to help prepare their dog for the birth of their daughter. So, we went to Toys R Us and got a doll. I made Ernie splurge a little to get the one that cries just cause I wanted to annoy Sonny. Anyway, it has worked pretty well. At first, Sonny was so curious. He wanted to jump up. But, as he got use to the doll, he ignored it and tried to get our attention. He even went to the lengths of sitting on my lap while Ernie was holding the doll. We have put the doll in the car seat and had Sonny ride in the back with him. He has done well, and hopefully will do just as well when Aiden comes. I wanted to take him for a walk with the doll and the stroller, but Ernie made a very good point-people might not only wonder why we are walking a doll in the stroller, but they may wonder why I still look 9 months pregnant with a baby in a stroller! So, I decided to nix that idea.

My mom was telling me that I needed to take videos of my waddling, but I refuse. This is the best you are going to get mom, and probably the last pregnant picture I am going to take. Out here, all of our friends take "maternity pictures", but I have held out and said no (it makes my husband a little sad). But, I am not a cute pregnant woman, so I don't need a lot of pics of me in this state! (although I really do love being pregnant!) Anyway, this picture is from about a week and a half after we got home from Memphis, and I must say that I either dropped a lot or grew a ton because I can't fit into any clothes that I could about a week ago. It is crazy! In our last doctors appointment, she said I am still effaced at about 80%, Aiden is engaged in my pelvis (I didn't need her to tell me that, I can feel it!), and that I am not dilated. But, since I have been effaced for this long, we are going to discuss induction at my appointment next week. I am not too excited about that, but I guess I will do whatever needs to be done for this little boy. Other than that, we are good. Today was the first day of Ernie's spring break. He has been like a little kid this whole week, counting down the days to spring break. But, it is fun to have him at home with me, and it is good to have him mow the lawn! I think the majority of this break will be spent watching basketball-and if Ernie has his way, at the hospital with a new baby......we will see!
2 comments:
Nobody who is pregnant thinks they look cute...but trust me you are ADORABLE! I think that is the smartest idea to use a doll to help your cute dog adjust! I can't believe that it's getting so close! Make sure your mom (or someone) calls us when little Aiden arrives!
I LOVE your prego belly. Remember the good ol' days at Ricks when we pondered what we'd look like pregnant, and pictured ourselves in cute white tees with overalls? Because overalls were still in style back then... Thank goodness neither of us have worn them while pregnant :) You look so cute, Min!
Post a Comment