Sunday, March 8, 2009

Let It Snow!

I know it has been FOREVER since I have posted, but there is something about being pregnant, working, chasing after a crazy boy, and TRYING to be a housewife that I just get behind on blogging. Anyway, about a week ago, Ernie and I were coming home from the Symphony. There was a snow warning, but if you know TN, that means it is a state of emergency for a sprinkling of snow. So, we were joking about the grocery store being empty of milk and bread, and we were laughing at the snow plows on the sides of the road waiting. 
Well, the next morning we woke up to the blanket of snow that was above. We got at least 6 inches of snow. It was amazing as I have never seen anything more than a few flakes since I moved here. And, since there are a lot of rural areas without plows, church was cancelled.
So, we bundled up our boys and took them in the snow. Sonny went crazy and ran in circles. Aiden just mulled around in it with the biggest smile ever. In fact, when I took him inside to fix his gloves, he threw a FIT! Aiden loved crawling in the snow, and would actually shovel the snow behind him as he crawled. I took video of it, but I am not sure how to put it on here, so that may come later.
Ernie and Aiden also made a little snowman. I have to say that the carrot only lasted for about 1 minute and then Sonny decided to eat it.
Here is Aiden climbing on the snowman. It was a lot of fun to see Aiden play in his first snow. I am sure he will see and play in a lot more during our Utah trips. 

No comments: