Friday, February 20, 2009

Another Announcement

Vanderbilt University School of Nursing
I don't know if many of you know, but I applied to a nurse practitioner program at Vanderbilt University. It is a 2 year program and is very unique because I am able to enter without having my RN, and I will exit with a RN and my masters in nursing. So, I will be able to work as a nurse practitioner. I did not tell many people I was applying cause they had a lot of applicants and it is very competitive, so I didn't want to have to tell everyone when I didn't get in. But, I just got the news yesterday......I GOT IN!!!!!
This is actually the main reason that Ernie and I decided to work on our next child. After I applied, I started thinking and realized that if I was in school for 2 years straight, that Aiden would be about 3 1/2 when I got out. And, I realized that once I get out of school, I will want to work for a bit before getting pregnant. So, I told Ernie if we wanted to have another child in the next 3 years that we needed to do it before school starts just in case I got in. So, I will have a lot on my plate, but I know this is meant to be and that we will be able to figure it all out.
The interesting thing would be this-I am due on the 22nd of August and school starts on the 28th.......hopefully we can figure something out because this is a once in a lifetime opportunity and something that I really have wanted to do for a long time! I will look forward to summer of 2011 when I graduate!!

10 comments:

Brooke said...

yay Mindi!!! I knew you would get in...you are way smart and they would be stupid not to let you in. I am so happy for you!

Utley Family said...

That is great, Mindi! If anyone can do it YOU CAN! Congrats!

britta said...

Congratulations Mindi!!! That is totally exciting! You will be able to manage and the Lord will bless you. Thank goodness you have such a supportive husband too.
Thank you for your phone call and words of encouragement! I love you!

Tove said...

CONGRTULATIONS MINDI!!! What a wonderful opportunity and fun challenge. You've got everything in place to make it work.We are so proud of you. With Ernie and his family there to support you, YOU CAN DO IT, AND YOU WILL DO IT.

Linda said...

Dad and I are so proud of you. It will be a busy couple of years but I know you can do it. You really have an ability to retain medical information. I'm impressed with how much you remember from your medical related classes at BYU. It will all work out and you'll be glad you made the sacrifice.

Ingrid said...

Congratulations, Min! I am not surprised my genius friend was accepted, but I am sure you have peace of mind now. You'll be so glad that Aiden will have a best friend to play with soon. My boys are so cute together, they just make each other laugh and have so much fun. FYI, I finally scrapbooked for the first time in 2 1/2 years. And I did a couple pages from your wedding. I asked Braeden who you were in the pic. He said, "That's Aunt Min. But I thought her name is Aunt Mindi." So funny and cute!

Ally said...

Oh my goodness Mindi. You will do SO great at this. I KNOW you can do it all and pass with flying colors!

Mike & Rachel Barton said...

That is so great Mindi! What an exciting time for you!

Brooke said...

I miss my cute lil Aiden...I want to see more pictures of him..and your developing pregnant belly..if you have one yet :)

Mandy said...

Mindi!!! That is so awesome!!! Congratulations. You are so smart! You will have alot on your plate but if anyone can handle it it's you. Congrats, that is really so great!!