It has been a busy few weeks....sorry about the delay in posting. Last week Ernie's Aunt Rosie and Uncle Lenny were in town from MA. So, we went out to Columbia (Ernies home town) on Monday to visit them. Then, they came here to see our house on Tuesday. We all went out to dinner along with Ernies' parents, his sister Michelle, and her Fiance Matt. It was fun to see everyone and catch up. On Wednesday, I started feeling a little under the weather with a bit of a cough. By Thursday, it was a full-fledge bronchial infection with a fever and all. I also had a doctors appointment on Thursday. The doctor told me that it is better to try and take some Tylenol and let it run its course and avoid antibiotics. She also said that this means that I have to be in bed until it goes away. Today, I still am very hoarse, I have a bad cough and my throat feels awful. But, I am no longer achy which was the worst part. So, I guess I will try to be good and take it easy till this goes away. Other than this awful cold, the doctor said that everything is perfect. The baby is growing good, his heart sounds good, and I have perfect blood pressure, etc. So, I am very happy with that. This little boy in my belly already has a mind of his own. He startles when we go somewhere and there is a loud noise. I went to Ernies school the other day to watch him play in a faculty vs. students basketball game. Little Aiden wasn't moving much, but the minute the band started playing, he went crazy! It was really kind of funny. Another thing he loves to do is to put his whole body on my right side. And, I think the space there is getting more limited, so he puts his little feet in my ribs to pry himself over. It feels great! I have no idea why he likes my right side, but he makes me look lopsided! The doctor even commented on it the other day. She couldn't find his heart beat, and when I told her to check the right side, she said "his whole body is on this one side". The one other thing little Aiden does is he likes to kick anything that is pushing on him. I don't know if I commented on this before, but it has gotten worse now that he is bigger. If Sonny lays on my belly, Aiden will kick at him till he moves. If I hold a baby, Aiden will kick until I switch sides. I had the remote on my belly once, and he kicked it so hard it fell off. So, although he is not here yet, he is making his presence known.
Nothing else is really new here in the Rivas household. Ernie has been taking good care of me and trying to keep from getting too sick himself. We are also slowly starting to get things ready for little Aiden. My mom and Grandma Kendall decided they wanted to buy us the swing for Aiden. So, as soon as we picked it up, my handy little husband put it together. Mom, I have posted the picture so you can see it. Thank you! It is so nice and I think Aiden as well as Ernie and I will enjoy it. (it plays some pretty good classical songs, it vibrates, and has some nature sounds that can play.....do they have a grown-up version?)My husband also decided that although I was sick, he needed to take a belly picture. So, here is one of those as well. I am not near as small and cute as my cousin Rachel so I hate posting this, but I guess everyone needs to see what I look like.....maybe I can photoshop the next one.


No comments:
Post a Comment