Last night as I was trying to fall asleep ( I had a sinus headache, so I wasn't very successful), I was stirred by my husband sitting up, grabbing the lotion bottle on his nightstand and lubing up his feet. I looked at the clock and it was 2:00! This is a habit that I have had to get use to being married to Mr. Rivas. If his lotion bottle is not next to his bed, he will go find some whether in the middle of the night or not, and get some so he can put it on his feet.
The funny joke of it all was while we were on our honeymoon in Mexico. I had gotten up in the middle of the night to go the bathroom. He asked me to grab the lotion. So, in the dark without my glasses, I grabbed the lotion and gave it to my husband. As he was lathering it on his feet, he commented that it was a little sticky. Well, in the morning we were laughing when we found that I had accidentally given him the shampoo.......
Anyway, this has all made me think of weird habits. What weird habits do you or one of your loved ones have. I am perfect, so I have none! :)
Sunday, August 24, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


5 comments:
well I don't know if you would really call this a habit, but you do know that you tend to wear your food on your face and clothes when you eat :)
My "honey moon surprise" with one of grandpa's habits was him brushing invisible "crumbs" off the bed before going to bed. He did that for years, although there never were any real crumbs, since we would never eat in bed. Another "crumb habit" he still has is shaking "crumbs" off a cookie before he eats it.
I shake crumbs off of cookies too! Maybe it is hereditary!
Here's one for you:
Sometimes Mike likes to put q-tips up his nose to make himself sneeze. I think it's weird. He says he's just clearing his sinuses.
I think it's cute that Ernie takes care of his feet. I'm sure mine could use more TLC in the winter. It's funny how we all have our "little things" we do. I hope you are able to fall back asleep during the night :)
Post a Comment