I can't believe our little boy is already 5 months old! It has gone by so fast! This is Aiden's 5 month picture with Sonny (the one above it is his 1 month picture). As you can see, he has grown a lot! This little boy makes me smile many times a day with his cute grin and his fun personality. We have not officially weighed him at the doctors, but when I weighed him the other day, he weighed 18.5 lbs. He also has very big hands and feet.
After our 4 month appointment, the doctor told me we could feed him cereal. He said to start with rice cereal and then we could use oatmeal as he caught on to the rice cereal. Well, I waited about a week and a half before I started him on the rice cereal. I was worried that he would not like it, but he actually did really good at eating it. He did not really know what it was and made a funny face, but as he got use to it, he ate it up!
Not only has Aiden started eating big boy food, he is also learning to be more mobile. It is fun to watch him figure out the whole crawling thing, but it is not fun chasing him and making sure he does not hurt himself. About a week ago, Ernie and I were upstairs hanging out. I lay out a big blanket for Aiden to crawl on. I had put him on one end of it, and about 2 minutes later I looked and he was making his way for the stairs! So, Ernie and I now have the lovely baby gate out. I thought I would have a few more months before this started, but lucky me, I have a little boy who knows how to move and loves to do it!
Notice the slobber on his chin.....no teeth yet, but we can feel them under his little gums. And, he has a fountain coming out of his mouth and nose! Thus he always has a burp rag that accompanies him wherever he goes.It never ceases to amaze me at the little things that Aiden learns on a daily basis. Here are some things about Aiden at his 5 month age:
-Sonny (our dog) is still one of his most favorite things
-He LOVES all people. Everywhere we go, he will smile at everyone-even if he is grumpy or sad. He is so friendly to all.
-He loves women and girls. Not only will he smile at everyone, he has a special little act he does for the females. He gets a little shy grin and then kind of giggles. We are already in trouble!
-He loves to make noise. He has this especially high pitch screech that he does. I really think he picked it up at the Zoo since the first time he started doing it was the day we went there.
-He has to be constantly entertained. When I say entertained, I am not talking about having a mobile turning overhead. He needs stimulation, and that stimulation must be switched about every 10 minutes. Do I need to be worried about ADD????? This also poses a problem when we are in church. Seeing someone just standing up front speaking is not enough stimulation, so he can't sit still and quiet through the whole meeting. Last week I got through 3/4 of sacrament meeting before taking him out, and 1/2 of Sunday School!
-He loves cell phones and laptops. I am sure this is my fault as he sees me on both all day long. But, whenever we are talking on our phone, he will reach for it. I actually turn it on speaker when I am talking to my mom, and he gets excited. As for laptops, he loves to hit the keys while I am holding him and typing. If I have it where he can't reach, he will use his feet. The other day, we had him between Ernie and I, and he reached over an pulled my Shift key off of my Laptop!We may have a Bill Gates on our hands!
-He is very good at throwing. There have been 2 occasions where he has surprised me with how far he can throw. First of all, I was driving, and he was in the back, middle seat. Obviously with his back to my back. All the sudden I hear a thud. I look in my middle console, and lying there was Aidens pacifier. He threw it all the way to the front. The other time this happened, Aiden had just been put down for a nap. He was kind of throwing a fit when over the monitor I heard something hit the closet. Thinking it was Sonny getting into the closet, I ran in there. That is when I found that it was not Sonny, but actually Aiden's pacifier had somehow gone from his mouth, accross the room to the closet door! Maybe we have a pitcher. A Bill Gates pitcher with ADD. What a good combo!
This is another thing that Aiden has started doing. My mom got this bear for him before he was born. But, he has to hold something to help him take his naps. At first it was a little blanket, then one day as I went to check on him, he had this bear in his arms. It is really sweet. Don't worry, I only let him sleep with it when he is taking a nap and I am regularly checking on him to make sure he is ok. We love this little boy more than anything. He brings so much love and joy into our lives. We really consider ourselves lucky to be able to call ourselves Aiden's parents. I can't wait to continue to grow and learn with this little boy!


2 comments:
I am so amazed at how big he has gotten! It's weird to look at his 1 month pic and think that he was actually that small..
Mindi-you are such a good mom! I love all the pictures and little stories about Aiden! He look so long in the pic. of him in his crib! What are you feeding that kid?! Oh, by the way - thanks a ton for sending out the shower invitation e-mail. It helped me so much!
Post a Comment