
This little man is 29 months old and I have to say he is growing to be a fun little buddy! Aiden brings so much joy to our lives with an occasional fit thrown in. But, even after his worst fits ever (seriously, sometimes we question if he is possessed), he will always come to me and give me a hug and say, "I am sorry for crying momma". It melts my heart and makes me forget that a few minutes before I was thinking about having him committed to the insane asylum.

Aiden is all things boy. He LOVES every sport and always has a ball in hand or is swinging a bat or anything he can find in the likes thereof. He loves watching sports with his daddy and tell us that baseball is his favorite. Aiden usually has a grin on his face unless he is concentrating or watching his shows. He is amazingly smart, and I am actually starting to be able to reason with him (Hallelujah!).

Aiden LOVES his little brother, but with this love comes a lot of unnecessary attention. He will open Caleb's door while Caleb is sleeping. Then he will run in and say "mommy Taleb's crying". He is always aware of where his little brother is and what he is doing. If Caleb is doing something naughty, Aiden will either join in or come tattle. I prefer the tattling. He also loves to tackle Caleb. Not just any tackle, he pancakes Caleb on the floor regardless if he is on the carpet, the hardwood or the tile. We have to pay careful attention to this! Aiden has a whole new expanded vocabulary and will surprise me on a daily basis with what comes out of his mouth (nothing offensive!!). One thing that he has started to say is, "Are you kidding me?!" I wonder where he got that from?? Also, a few weeks ago I was put in time out. I am not sure what I did, but he said, "go to time out mommy". And, once I got there he said "look at me, look at me" while pointing at his eyes. Again, I am not sure where he got this from. Another thing he always says is either "stop crying Taleb. Why you cry?", or "stop screaming Taleb!" (he says all his other hard c words correctly except Caleb) He has become quite the picky eater and would have hotdogs, gold fish and milk all day every day if it was up to him. Sometimes when I ask him what he wants, he will come up with something that throws me off. For example, today I asked him what he wanted for breakfast. He said "momma I want a bagel". A bagel???!! We have not ever had bagels here, and he has not ever had one as far as I know.
Aiden still has an extensive bed time routine. He still goes to see the moon every night, we read a story, Ernie comes in with a flash light and does tickle monster, and we say prayers. His prayers now consist of "thank yous" and include everyone from each stuffed animal to TaTa (his teacher) to Sean Michael (his friend at school) to his family. He doesn't ask for anything, just says thank you. Then, I have to pick him up and hold him and sing "rock a bye baby". After this, we have to sing "twinkle twinkle", "Jesus wants me for a sunbeam", and "I am a child of God". Then, only then will he go to bed. If I get anything out of order or skip anything, he gets upset!
Aiden is a fun child and we are so lucky to have this little man in our lives. We love you Aiden and enjoy each and every day with you!
No comments:
Post a Comment